Ready to live comfortably in a house built to suit the needs of you and your family? Luxury homes is the ultimate investment to fulfill the high-end tastes of today’s families. However, it’s important to have full knowledge of everything involved. This is to ensure your purchase is a sound decision you can live with. Here’s your guide to buying luxury homes for sale in Charleston SC.
What Comes with a Luxury Homes for Sale in Charleston SC
Just because a home has a high-ticket price doesn’t always mean that it’s a true luxury home. There are some small houses that looks great but lack the amenities found in luxury homes. The best way to locate luxury homes for sale in Charleston SC is to find other luxury homes close by. They should all have top-of-the-line appliances, premium cabinetry, and flooring.
The bedrooms should be larger and feature its own bathroom and large closet space. Standard options for master bedrooms include bathrooms with premium fixtures and materials. Other options include 3+ garage, guest quarters and a pool. Many luxury homes for sale in Charleston SC feature smart home technology and manicured landscaping.
The Process behind Buying Luxury Homes for Sale in Charleston SC
- Finding the Right House – Finding the right home is always a challenge for families and luxury homes are no exception. The location of the house can really determine if it’s a perfect fit or not. Location can impact what schools would your children be attending. Don’t forget to factor in drive time when commuting to work. Here are a few things you should be concerned about before buying luxury homes for sale in Charleston SC.
- Taxes – Certain areas of Charleston may have higher property taxes than others. For these areas, the extra taxes help pay for increased police and firefighter presence.
- Quality of Living – Just because it’s a luxury home doesn’t mean you should forget about the neighbors. Be sure to explore the neighborhood by walking/driving to find out the culture of the area.
- Schools – No matter the level of education, make sure the nearby schools suit the needs of your children. You can find out the ratings of Charleston schools here.
- Drive Time – Rush hour traffic in any city can be brutal. Charleston’s traffic can become a bit busy early mornings or late afternoons. Be sure to check how long it would take to make it to work and back before making any decisions.
- Obtaining Financing on Mortgage – Getting a pre-approval for the mortgage is always the best course of action to start off with. In some cases, a pre-approval letter may be required before you can even view a home. For others, the pre-approval letter will be required as part of submitting an offer for a luxury home. Depending on the amount of the home, you may even have to apply for a Jumbo Mortgage Loan.
- Have an Inspector Check Out the Home – To prevent a nightmare from happening, it’s best to get the luxury home inspected. They should be able to give you a detailed report as to the condition of the home. This report should include the estimated life span for the various components of the home and what repairs may be needed.
Contact Us to before Searching for Luxury Homes in Charleston SC
Working with a real estate agent who specialize in luxury home purchases can make your luxury home buying experience easier. At Charleston Home Team Real Estate, we would love to be your real estate guide. We are familiar with the location, features and tax rates associated with luxury homes within the area. Contact us at (843) 628-3960 before searching for luxury homes in Charleston SC today!