A big part of living the great American dream is owning your own home. However, there are many families who are choosing to rent a house instead. There are several benefits to buying a home. For starters, renting a house has become increasingly higher in recent years. This is one of the reasons more people are buying Charleston homes for sale. Check out these 8 benefits to why you should consider becoming a homeowner.
8 Benefits to Buying Charleston Homes for Sale
- Investment Opportunity – One of the biggest benefits to owning a home is the opportunity to use it as an investment. The more you pay towards owning the home, the bigger in value of the home increases. This in turn increases the value of the equity the homeowner has invested into the home. Paying rent money doesn’t offer this ability to increase money.
- Tax Advantage – Each year the IRS calls on everyone – renters and homeowners – to pay taxes. Families who buy Charleston homes for sale can deduct the real estate property tax. They can deduct some or all the interest on the mortgage. Plus, they can deduct the cost of insurance for the property. Renting will not allow you to take advantage of these deductions.
- Future Leverage – Buyers of Charleston homes for sale start establishing leverage the moment they close on the house with the down payment. In many parts of Charleston, the value of the home increases. This gives homeowners an increase in equity. This results in an ability to use this equity increase if a loan is needed in the future.
- Safety Net – No one can predict if (or when) the country falls victim to high inflation. Homeowners can use their homes as a safety net. A family who is renting a home can be subject to higher rent. This is because the owner of the property can raise it at their discretion.
- Liberty to Be More Creative – Anytime a renter wants to make changes to the house, they must get permission from the property owner first. This includes painting, adding a swimming pool, or even planting a garden. Homeowners have the liberty to make changes to the property without permission from anyone.
- Payment Stability – Homeowners can expect the same payment every month. This is true as long as they have a fixed rate mortgage. This sense of stability is different for a family who is renting a home. Due to the cost of living increasing, their monthly payment continues to rise each year.
- Homeownership Pride – There’s not a word to describe the feeling of owning a home. Many people work extra hard to buy it. Many feel that it was worth it given the great accomplishment they have achieved.
Contact Us for a Listing of Charleston Homes for Sale Today
Don’t settle for renting a home. It’s time to start considering searching for Charleston homes for sale. At Charleston Home Team Real Estate, we strive to make sure your home buying experience is pleasant and stress-free. We work hard locating the right Charleston home for your family. Contact us today at (843) 628-3960 to begin your search today!
Tell us what you think about buying a house vs renting one below!