It’s no secret that Charleston house market is booming. However, it will take a little more than simply vacuuming the floors and spraying air freshener to sell it quickly. It will involve more detailed responsibilities such as decluttering and updating the décor. If you haven’t read the first part, I suggest you should so you’ll receive all the tips we put together. Here’s part 2 of the more common ways you can stage your Charleston house for sale.
Overall Staging Throughout Your Charleston House
- Neutralize the walls by repainting them in white or beige. This includes wood paneling too. This will help fill nicks and small holes in the walls and make the space seem larger. Check to see if all the electrical switches and plates match and looks new.
- Pack away family portraits, books, trophies and other personal memorabilia. Replace them with interesting pictures of artwork.
- Clear all closets and attic space of unnecessary clutter. This will give the space a larger appearance. Check every door, drawer and cabinet to make sure they operate smoothly.
- Have someone do a deep cleaning of the carpet (or hardware floor). Wash all windows and check the screen for rips and tears. Replace dim light bulbs with high-wattage one.
Staging Throughout the Exterior Your Charleston House
- Power-wash the exterior walls, walkway, porch, and steps of the home. Repaint or stain the porch to brighten it up.
- Check to make sure the entryway lights, locks and doorbell are functioning properly.
- Consider buying a new mailbox. Shoot for traditional ones with a neutral color.
- Make sure the lawn is mowed and free from fallen leaves and branches. Trim trees and shrubs. Hide trash cans, recycle bins, and water hoses.
Bonus Tips: Staging Your House When You Have Pets
- Repair or remove furniture that have scratch or teeth marks. Clean pet stains from rugs and carpet.
- Remove all pet beds, blankets, toys, food bowls, and play structures away from the home. Don’t forget your kitten’s litter box.
- Use a powerful air freshener that will eliminate odors instead of just masking them.
- Perform a pet hair sweep just before you leave the house. Don’t forget to take your pet(s) with you.
Contact Us Before You Sell Your Charleston House
Properly staging your Charleston house is a key step towards selling it faster. At Charleston Home Team Real Estate, we strive to make sure you sell your home quickly and for top dollar. We work hard locating the right Charleston home for your family. Contact us today at (843) 628-3960 to begin your search for the right Charleston real estate agent today!