Staging your Charleston house for sale the right way can make you money. A National Association of Realtors report tells the whole story. 32% of buyers’ agents believe staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by one percent to five percent. 49% of agents who represent the buyer report most buyers are affected by home staging. Here’s part 1 of the more common ways you can stage your Charleston house for sale.
Staging Throughout the Interior Your Charleston House
The Living Room
- Use lamps to give the area more light.
- If you have a fireplace, scrub the inside and surrounding area clean. Replace your old screen.
- If you have furniture, purchase light-colored slip covers. Consider moving a few pieces around to give the area more space. You can also arrange the furniture in a way to invite conversational groups.
- Display a board game or magazines to help buyers imagine their life in your home.
- Display only one matching set of dishes, glassware, pots & pans. Pack up the rest in boxes and store it in a different location away from your Charleston house.
- Remove everything from the counter top except for a vase of flowers or a bowl of fresh fruit.
- Scrub down all your appliances, walls, cabinets and back-splashes. Remove the refrigerator magnets.
- Clean the interior of all cabinets. Empty and clean the trash can. Clean and organize the pantry.
- Take down personal pictures and posters from off the wall. Clean the roof and ceiling fans if dust accumulated onto them.
- Store only the clothes that fit the season in your closet. Pack up the rest. Choose a set of wooden hangers to hang clothes for extra touch.
- Store away jewelry and other valuable items away from the house.
- Remove the television and/or video game consoles to give it a neutral feel.
The Dining Room
- Allow buyers to imagine the idea of entertaining others. Here’s how to do it. Add colorful place settings or a few wine glasses around the table.
- Add small floral vases or short candle holders (with candles in them) to give the area a more regal environment.
- You’ll want to scrub down and sanitize the walls, shower & door, and floor until its shining. Commit to spending extra time cleaning the tile grout. Consider re-caulking around the tub if there are noticeable gaps.
- Clean the medicine cabinet and other areas of the bathroom by removing all personal products.
- Recreate a spa-like atmosphere by adding clean, white towels, plants and candles throughout the area.
- It’s a safe bet to clean and deodorize your drains and toilet to get rid of embarrassing smells. You can use baking soda or vinegar.
Contact Us Before You Sell Your Charleston House
Properly staging your Charleston house is a key step towards selling it faster. At Charleston Home Team Real Estate, we strive to make sure you sell your home quickly and for top dollar. We work hard locating the right Charleston home for your family. Contact us today at (843) 628-3960 to begin your search for the right Charleston real estate agent today!