It’s human nature to want top dollar when selling a house in Charleston. I’m willing to bet you also have major plans made after closing. After all, you could have money to purchase a new home. Maybe you could finally pay off high dollar bills such as a student loan. You could even afford to buy that RV you’ve always dreamed about! However, there are a few things you must know first before you make plans.
The Hidden Costs Behind Selling a House in Charleston
It’s no secret that selling a house in Charleston can produce a sweet profit. However, there are other factors to consider. Most real estate transactions require professionals who will help the selling process go smooth. These professionals will also want to be paid for their services. Plus, the cost of the listing agent’s commission should factor into the deal. Here’s a breakdown of the selling cost.
- The Real Estate Commission – Many people often become confused when it comes to paying the listing agent’s commission. “On average, home sellers pay their listing agent about 6% of the price of their home,” Realtor.com writer Cathie Ericson stated in a recent article. “On a $250,000 house sale, this amounts to roughly $15,000,” she further explained.
- What You’re Willing to Pay in Closing Costs – It’s common for the buyer to pay more in closing costs. However, you may have additional costs to account for. You may have to pay transfer taxes, escrow expenses or outstanding property taxes. A qualified real estate agent should be able to guide you along during this process.
Cost Behind Selling a House in Charleston Without a Real Estate Agent
You may be wondering, “should I just sell my house myself to save money? You may be thinking that you could bypass the commission cost of list agents. Here’s the real answer! You’ll still have pay the buyer’s agent brokerage fee. Plus, you will end up spending extra money to advertise beside just posting a “For Sale by Owner” sign. Here’s what a qualified real estate agent can provide for you:
- Company marketing, advertising support, and professional to take photos of the home
- Your contact person for house showings, fielding calls, and conducting negotiations
- Legal representation for paperwork
- Access to more potential buyers and knowledge of pricing your home correctly.
Contact Us Before Selling a House in Charleston Today
It never pays to cut corners when selling a house in Charleston. It’s better to let real estate experts help sell your home for you. At Charleston Home Team Real Estate, we strive to make sure your home selling experience is pleasant and stress-free. We work hard locating the right buyer for your family home. Contact us today at (843) 628-3960 before beginning the process of selling a house in Charleston today!