It’s no secret how hot the real estate market is here in Charleston. However, it’s still a buyers’ marketing for luxury homes in Charleston, SC. Unlike traditional smaller homes, luxury home buyers have more negotiating room to wiggle. So, what are the latest trends in home designs for luxury buyers? This article will reveal the 2017 trends of luxury homes in Charleston, SC
Desirable Home Features found in Luxury Homes in Charleston, SC
The last thing high-end home buyers want are cookie-cutter designs. Instead, they are looking for distinctive features and flawless detail. In short, luxury homes in Charleston, SC must be able to tell a unique story on its own. Many luxury homeowners look for one-of-a-kind architecture, materials, colors, and texture. Here are some design trends for upscale homes and communities in 2017:
- Large Kitchens as an Entertainment Hub
Whether entertaining guests or enjoying family time, the kitchen is today’s focal point. Of course, stainless steel appliances and accessories continue to dominate the environment. However, luxury homes in Charleston, SC have more kitchen counter space than before. Many families are choosing to have indoor herb gardens growing in their kitchen.
- Even Bigger Closets
A simple walk-in closet just won’t due. Today’s luxury home buyers are opting for an even larger space to store clothes than ever before. Shelves, drawers, mirrors, and light fixtures are must-have items inside the closet. Other items can include chairs, extra racks as well as a dressing table.
- Comfort, Privacy, and Security
The rise of home automation systems has taken over luxury homes in Charleston, SC. Surveillance cameras can be programmed to work when you’re away from home. Families are using their smartphone to run devices such as lights, TV’s, and even blinds and curtains. Some are even installing a safe room with back-up generators and oxygen scrubbers.
Additional Amenities for Today’s Luxury Homes in Charleston
- Colors – The latest trends in color include white-on-white. This is especially true when it comes to kitchen painting.
- Benches and Nooks – These small spaces serve as a practical way to gather with family or unwind with a cozy book.
- Oversized Showers and Tubs – Large free-standing tubs and wall-to-wall glass showers are two options for luxury homes. There are even options to have steam showers and body jets.
- Additional Bathroom Amenities – Touch-less plumbing fixtures, heated toilet seats and electric bidets can be found in luxury homes.
- Metal Roofs – There used to be a time where you only saw metal roofs on barns. Today’s luxury homes are now taking advantage of metal roofing.
Contact Us Today for More Info about Luxury Homes in Charleston!
Finding great luxury homes in Charleston, SC can seem like an exhausting task. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. All it takes is just a little common sense and the right people who can help you throughout the process. We can help you by being your personal guide to finding houses for sale. Contact a qualified real estate agent at www.chshometeam.com or call (843) 628-3960 today.